[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Some Very Useful Articles

Some Very Useful Articles

If you know of some good resources that will help us please post them!

All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Some Very Useful Articles

Postby Arutha » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:36 am

This is a link to some very useful articles from the NAWCC web site.
Paul.
Arutha

Re: Some Very Useful Articles

Postby Randy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks Paul.
I remember stumbling onto these awhile back...but I forgot they existed !

Time to review !

Best,

Randy
Randy

Postby Arutha » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Hey Randy,
I don't know if you are anything like me but I keep finding interesting stuff and then losing it or forgetting it exists. I try bookmarking it but then end up with so many bbokmarks I dont know which is for what and still can't find what I was looking for.
I seriously considered starting an excel spreadsheet with different headings i.e. parts supply, watches, clocks etc and then copying and pasting in the links to the useful information/sites. That way I could find stuff easily instead of having a whole bunch of random bookmarks I never use. :shock:
Paul.
Arutha

Postby Randy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:54 pm

My other laptop crashed awhile ago...and I had lots of articles, links,etc. that I had catalogued under various headings.
I should have backed it up prior to sharing a Boddington's pub ale with the keyboard....it only took about two weeks to stop the mother board dead in it's tracks.
I need to take it in to see what can be saved......ach !

Take care Paul

Randy
Randy

Postby SteveFitzwater » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:35 pm

old subject I know...

Randy, your hd in the laptop should be in fine condition, and if you pick up a external enclosure for it, you can recover everything off it.

PC is another hobby, I build them on a regular basis for myself or other family members.

The idea of creating a place to store articles or links, etc... you can create a database on the website that can be accessed by members for such things, pretty basic, MySQL, a little php, and you have a searchable resource center.
to first succeed, one must put forth the effort worthy of the success
SteveFitzwater

Postby gerene » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:51 pm

I installed a wiki server on my computer and have my own "horology"-wiki where I store links to interesting articles, pictures of movements I took apart, documents with any kind of documentation. Wiki's are easy to organise and maintain. You can use hyperlinks to link to other pages in your own wiki or anywhere else on the internet. There is no steep learning curve to enter data into it.
Just a thought.

Jan

P.S. I forgot to tell that my wiki server is a linux based machine. Don't know what would be involved to install wiki servers on other operating systems.
gerene

Postby Arutha » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks Jan,
will look into that :)
Paul.
Arutha

Return to Parts & Tool Suppliers & Other Helpful Resources