[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Custom Made Equipment Dust Covers

Custom Made Equipment Dust Covers

If you know of some good resources that will help us please post them!

All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Custom Made Equipment Dust Covers

Postby Michael Weaver » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:27 pm

I found a guy on eBay that makes dust covers to any spec you want for a very reasonable price. He asked for pictures and measurements of the things I wanted covered and had it to me within a week. I was so happy with his work and prices I thought I would share his info. I asked him and he said "Please do and they can contact me with any cover project they wish to inquire about." His contact info is

Severino Mendez
mendezs04@hotmail.com
image.jpg
image.jpg (65.15 KiB) Viewed 4888 times
Michael Weaver

Re: Custom Made Equipment Dust Covers

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 pm

That sounds good. I need a couple of covers made. Thanks.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby david pierce » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 pm

That is really nice. Thanks for finding it.
david
david pierce

Postby Michael Weaver » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:53 pm

No problem. I ordered two from him. One for the engine and a separate one for the lathe. He will make any size you need.
Michael Weaver

Postby cazclocker » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Wow - I just found this thread. I have TWO of the watchmaker's lathe covers, and they are just superb! It's funny, I always say I like anything as long as it's really well done (like music, watches, cars, tools...anything) - and these covers are EXTREMELY well-made, with plenty of attention to detail. And they are sized to perfectly fit right over a normal WW-sized lathe, with the headstock and tailstock. You can tell whoever made them knows how to handle a sewing machine professionally, and the cloth has a nice soft feel to it.

One thing to be aware of...my lathe setup requires that the drive belt be left connected to my countershaft all the time, so any lathe cover I use will need to have a slit cut in it to allow the belt to come out from the headstock over to the countershaft. I never thought of that when I ordered the covers so when they arrived, I had to mark the slit placement and then I cut with a scissors. I then took the cover to my neighborhood seamstress - it's a place that does fitting of wedding gowns and tuxedos and stuff like that. The lady said sure, and she proceeded to put a nice clean hem in the slit, and only charged me $7.00.

I wrote to the guy who sold me the covers, and mentioned that I paid to have hems put into a slit I had to cut, and he replied that if I had told him, he would have done all that for me!
-------------------
Doug Haeussler
NAWCC #0167553
-------------------
cazclocker

Return to Parts & Tool Suppliers & Other Helpful Resources