[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Chapter Ring Pin Removal

Chapter Ring Pin Removal

Have a good repair tip for the rest of us? Please post it here.

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Chapter Ring Pin Removal

Postby clockman1509 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Good evening all. I have just been restoring the case of an Enfield 8 day chiming mantle clock, the case has so many layers of split and cracked varnish , it looks quite a mess close up. so out with the methylated and wire wool. I spoke to Paul on how to get the pins out that held the chapter ring, and he advised a pair of end nips. I tried this but could not get a grip on them a them as they were almost flat headed. I could just get my finger nail under the chapter ring a very thin gap indeed.
I had a very thin 6" steel rule, I slid it under the chapter ring and slowly worked round to the pins, It worked a treat without any damage to the chapter ring or case.
I guess that this might seem an old trick for some but as a novice with no other means of finding out how to do it I gave it a try. I have put a couple of photo's up for novices like myself. It also worked on the presentation plate as well.
regards to all
Alan
pin removal 2.JPG
pin removal 2.JPG (138.4 KiB) Viewed 2427 times

pin removal 1.JPG
pin removal 1.JPG (207.29 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
clockman1509

Return to Hints, Tips and Tricks