[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - One room tool house...Tmac1956

One room tool house...Tmac1956

Create your own "Personal Shop Page" Just Start a "New Topic"using your forum User Name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Forum rules
Start a "New Topic" using your forum User name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!!
This will be your personal home page.
Post your pics on your personal page only
DO NOT POST YOUR PICS ON ANOTHER PERSONS PERSONAL PAGE UNLESS REQUESTED OR GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PAGE OWNER

Re: One room tool house...

Postby Arutha » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:43 am

Hi Tom,
it will come to you with time, I still have tools I cant use properly but when you stop and think how many different tools we have it is hardly surprising.
Paul.
Arutha

Postby Randy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:49 am

Randy

Postby david pierce » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 pm

That is the microscope. When I got mine I turned the eyepieces around 180 degrees. That made it easier for me to use.
david
david pierce

Postby Bob Tascione » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:05 pm

That's a great price!
Gonna tell Santa right now! She's still in the kitchen cooking Thanksgiving dinner.

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Randy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:32 pm

I love to find a bargain !!!!
Randy

Postby willofiam » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Hey Bob, hope you are still in one piece figuring youve been sneaking into the kitchen, I just looked on craigslist in my area (just a general search for microscope) and found 2 of those microscopes, $45 and $60, If you want to try and find one you can get them pretty cheap, Bought mine for $25, I am not using mine as I now have the 2 of a different style, I found the amscope great for inspection and oiling, not the best if you want to do something under them with the focal point fairly close, it is beneficial for some applications, I also turned my eyepiece and was able to rig it up over the lathe, I will post some pictures on my shop section of the new ones I got that I can actually work under ect... cost a little more and were used (I had to be patient to find them) but I think they are the cats meow... William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby tmac1956 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:20 pm

tmac1956

Postby tmac1956 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:23 pm

tmac1956

Postby Bob Tascione » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 am

Bob Tascione

Re: One room tool house...Tmac1956

Postby tmac1956 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am

Bob et. al.:

Has anyone ever posted a method for mounting one of these on the 8mm lathe? I'd like to get anouther one for that. It would be nice to be able to swing it out of the way when needed.

Thanks,
Tom
tmac1956

Postby david pierce » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Tom,
Your new mill will give you the machining capacity to make a nice microscope inspection stand out of standard items. The vertical base can be a threaded pipe flange and the vertical columb can be a section of pipe. The horizontal arm can be a section of EMT with enough diameter to be stable (EMT is lighter than pipe). You can design a a swivel block to hold the horizontal arm to the vertical columm and make it out of plastic, wood. aluminum or any other material on your new mill. the same goes for the mounting bracket for the microscope on the end of the arm.
david
david pierce

Postby tmac1956 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:09 pm

David:

I think I need to get into a design/build mindset for a lot of things now that I have this functionallity. I can tell I've been in academia far too long. ;)

Thanks!
Tom
tmac1956

Postby tmac1956 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:41 pm

All:

I finally made the mounting plates for my 8mm Levin and set it up with digital indicators on the X and Y axis that I can zero out. I milled slots in the plates allowing me to adjust the lathe and motor positions to allow different pulley sizes and keep the correct tension on the belts. I'm using O rings for the belts making for quieter operation.

Here's the base - it's just a wooden carving board.
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG (96.99 KiB) Viewed 20679 times

I used small O rings where ever I could to further reduce vibrations.
IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG (91.36 KiB) Viewed 20679 times

Here's the motor attached to the mounting plate.
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG (85.63 KiB) Viewed 20679 times

Motor mounted:
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG (80.65 KiB) Viewed 20679 times

CONTINUED...
tmac1956

Postby tmac1956 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Lathe continued...

Here a top view of the lathe, it's mounting plate, and two stell plates used to hold magnetic indicator stands.
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG (80.39 KiB) Viewed 20679 times

Here's and end view with the late put together. There is a 4 jaw chuck, a 3 way slide, holding a quick change tool holder.
IMG_0289.JPG
IMG_0289.JPG (99.13 KiB) Viewed 20679 times

Side view:
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG (92.48 KiB) Viewed 20679 times

Another misc. shot:
IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG (88.55 KiB) Viewed 20679 times

Well, there it is.

Thanks!
tmac1956

Postby Bob Tascione » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:09 pm

You did a great job Tom!
That's a beautiful setup!
Thanks for posting it up here.

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby tmac1956 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Bob.

Thanks... it took a while, but now I have what I need.

Thanks!
Tom
tmac1956

Postby willofiam » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 am

Hey Tom....WELL DONE, how do you like the motor, I have been thinking of one for my lathe, where did you get it and how much? I would want to plug into a variable speed control. Thank you, William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby Arutha » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:34 pm

That is a great set-up Tom, its nice to get things set up just how you want them :)
So what are you going to make first?
Paul.
Arutha

Postby david pierce » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:53 am

Tom,
The setup looks great; nice job on the plate. The mill gives you the capacity to turn an idea into a working product.
William,
I bought my motor from Sincere off of Ebay. They are extremely quiet and I like them much better than any other lathe motor I have tried so far. It is an AC induction motor so the speed must be regulated with a frequency or duty cycle type of speed controller. A standard watch motor pedel will not work with this type of motor. I regulate mine with belts and pulleys but that is a personal preference. The motors cost about $200.00 each and the price includes the pulley.
david
david pierce

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:30 am

Tom that is one great setup. Really well thought out and done.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

PreviousNext

Return to Member Shop Pics.