[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - "Willofiam"

"Willofiam"

Create your own "Personal Shop Page" Just Start a "New Topic"using your forum User Name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Forum rules
Start a "New Topic" using your forum User name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!!
This will be your personal home page.
Post your pics on your personal page only
DO NOT POST YOUR PICS ON ANOTHER PERSONS PERSONAL PAGE UNLESS REQUESTED OR GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PAGE OWNER

Re: "Willofiam"

Postby tmac1956 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:20 pm

This is the most impresive shop I've ever seen! I just love this scope setup. I need to build some kind of boom to mount my cheesy little AmScope with. What did you use before you got this commercial one?

I couldn't even dream up a shop like yours!

Thanks,
Tom
tmac1956

Postby Arutha » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 am

I need some clock case parts so I will bring over what I need you to make. The same works for you William, if you want to pop over the pond you can take the crate of tools and lathes with you and I wont have to post them. You have an amazing workshop and I am quite jealous :)
Arutha

Postby willofiam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:44 am

Hey Tom, I used the amscope over the lathe after I bashed in my 2 front teeth using a loupe. I had to turn the head 90 degrees and cut out a slot in the amscope base to allow the lathe tool post holder to get close enough, I had to build a platform (out of wood) to get the height right, also to give it a bit of a angle to where it was comfortable to use. I did all of that in order to continue to use the light on the amscope. the commercial inspection scope was the cheapest and easiest to accomplish exactly what I wanted over the lathe, otherwise I am sure you could rig up your own boom but I wasnt smart enough to do that..Paul, dont be jealous, be happy that you have inspired me, thanks for all you guys do, William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby willofiam » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:27 am

Well, here is the new addition to the shop :D . The recent purchase of the mill and also his lathe with all the tooling has jumped me forward in my plans by 1-2 years. Just need a dividing head and I should be all set, dont tell my wife though, I think she is patiently waiting for it to stop. :roll:

DSCN6970_01.JPG
DSCN6970_01.JPG (32.64 KiB) Viewed 14977 times

DSCN6968_01.JPG
DSCN6968_01.JPG (31.12 KiB) Viewed 14977 times

DSCN6969_01.JPG
DSCN6969_01.JPG (32.31 KiB) Viewed 14977 times
willofiam

Postby david pierce » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:15 pm

William,
Never leave a heavy object such as a vice or dividing head extended out on your mill bed. It could warp your X axis bed and turn your mill into a doorstop. It is always a good idea to take everything off of the bed when you are finished with a project and center the bed over the knee.
You have a really nice shop. With that mill you can make your own clock movements but I am sure you already had that in mind before you bought it.
david
david pierce

Postby willofiam » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Thank you David, I will do exactly as you say, yes, making movements in the future is precisely the whole idea. NOW, I am looking at a very good condition Ellis deluxe dividing head with tail stock, swivel attachment, 3 plates, dog or driver center, 3 jaw set tru chuck and box for $1000.00, is this a good price? do you know what these cost when new? Thank you, William
willofiam

Postby david pierce » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:32 am

William,
You probably don't wan't to go larger than a 6" dividing head on your size mill. When I was younger I could lift a 10" head up on to the mill bed but now I would need a crane. You won"t need a full universal for single tooth gearcutting and spline cutting. A full universal head can cut helixes by attaching a geartrain from the mill bed to the dividing head, and, it can also do differential indexing. None of this will be necessary for clock parts as clocks do not use helical gears. Check out Ebay# 290750609673 and save yourself a whole bunch of money.
david
david pierce

Postby Bob Tascione » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:31 am

Hey William,
I didn't know you had put the last 3 pics up here.
NICE!
Also didn't realize that there was a industrial Craftsman lathe model. That looks like a really nice lathe!
What a shop!

Enjoy it,
Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Great looking shop and equipment William. Really nicely laid out.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby willofiam » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:43 pm

I made a new grandfather clock test stand, I call it "THE BEAST" several things I considered. first was stability, On my other stand I have and have had customers bump it, always worried it could tip over, this one = no way!!! I wanted to get at the front and back for adjustments and have enough room side to side to run with the dials on. I am able to put different style chime rods in place (this will help in "hearing" it running and chiming), the backboard for the chime rods can be adjusted in the slots in height and distance from the movement, need to find a couple of different chime rod blocks for the other backboards, any for sale?. the pieces under the seat-board are for locating AND also help the seat-board from tipping over if something were to cause that. I should be able to accommodate at least 6 large movements at one time (plenty sturdy to withstand the weight) with the dials on, maybe 5 with the chime-blocks. let me know what you think, William
DSCN7686_01.JPG
DSCN7686_01.JPG (24.8 KiB) Viewed 14842 times
DSCN7687_01.JPG
DSCN7687_01.JPG (23.26 KiB) Viewed 14842 times
DSCN7688_01.JPG
DSCN7688_01.JPG (25.44 KiB) Viewed 14842 times
willofiam

Postby Arutha » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

I don't know where you get your energy but could you please send me some?
Another great job William :)
Paul.
Arutha

Postby willofiam » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Hey Paul, and dont forget, I take out the trash AND put away the dishes too! :roll: William
willofiam

Postby jim1228 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Wow! Now that is a test stand on steroids taken to a new level. Nice William
Jim
jim1228

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Good looking stand William.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby willofiam » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks guys, currently running 4 grandfather clocks, sturdy and plenty of room, I am glad I made it this big. still looking for a triple chime v style G-clock chime rod block, if anyone has one laying around I would be happy to buy one, I have seen them on ebay for quite a bit of money and would rather try finding something a bit cheaper, thanks, William
willofiam

Postby willofiam » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:41 pm

O.K. did it again, another remodel, My biggest issue had been bench space, also wanting to make it inviting for customers I included a entry area. THIS IS IT!!!! I cant go any larger unless I put up a structure, who knows? maybe someday...Thanks for looking, please put up any comments on this new set up. William

DSCN8936_01.JPG
DSCN8936_01.JPG (18.7 KiB) Viewed 14436 times
willofiam

Postby Arutha » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 am

Arutha

Postby willofiam » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:33 am

Attachments
DSCN8955_01.JPG
DSCN8955_01.JPG (18.11 KiB) Viewed 14430 times
DSCN8953_01.JPG
DSCN8953_01.JPG (30.91 KiB) Viewed 14430 times
DSCN8954_01.JPG
DSCN8954_01.JPG (20.51 KiB) Viewed 14430 times
willofiam

Postby dulwich2410 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi William beautiful workshop just pop over and build me one.

John.
dulwich2410

Postby willofiam » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:17 am

Hey John, no prob, only after I finally get everything organized :roll: may be several years :D

DSCN8996_01.JPG
DSCN8996_01.JPG (26.44 KiB) Viewed 14419 times

DSCN8997_01.JPG
DSCN8997_01.JPG (23.11 KiB) Viewed 14419 times

DSCN8998_01.JPG
DSCN8998_01.JPG (27.57 KiB) Viewed 14419 times

DSCN8999_01.JPG
DSCN8999_01.JPG (22.75 KiB) Viewed 14419 times
willofiam

PreviousNext

Return to Member Shop Pics.