[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - "Willofiam"

"Willofiam"

Create your own "Personal Shop Page" Just Start a "New Topic"using your forum User Name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Forum rules
Start a "New Topic" using your forum User name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!!
This will be your personal home page.
Post your pics on your personal page only
DO NOT POST YOUR PICS ON ANOTHER PERSONS PERSONAL PAGE UNLESS REQUESTED OR GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PAGE OWNER

Re: "Willofiam"

Postby willofiam » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:20 am

Hey Paul, cant wait to see your bench, and I heard from a little bird you picked up some other treasures ;) , yes I would like ALL your tools :lol:, This watch cleaning machine thing has got me in a frazzel :? !!!! Oh and by the way, how come you get all the nice stuff over there???? William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby Arutha » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:51 am

I will start to post up some of the things I bought at auction, I dont know why we get all the nice stuff, I am not even sure that is true as you have nice stuff too over there that I cant get easily. I will be moving into my unit the first week in November so pics will follow :)
Arutha

Postby willofiam » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:40 am

Well, it has been a exciting year so far. Another expansion to the shop (probably not the last :roll: ) Did this about 3 months ago and thought I would share my hard work. I have been blessed and give the credit to my Lord and God, though I do have to put the effort behind it. The business is growing and I am very happy with the results thus far. As I have said in the past, my family is thoroughly involved and help me out in so many ways. Just to let you know I have sold almost everything else I had acquired in the past years to finance this shop, letting go of things dear to me with the hopeful expectation that in the near future I will once again be able to afford to do those other things I love to do ;) I am sure there are many out there who have done the same with successful results, I hope to hear from you. Thank you all for your help and patients with me on the forum and, as for the good friends I have been blessed with, I will see you soon!
DSCN5590_01.JPG
the new area for customers
DSCN5590_01.JPG (31.09 KiB) Viewed 16906 times
DSCN5586_01.JPG
coming thru the door
DSCN5586_01.JPG (33.21 KiB) Viewed 16906 times
DSCN5589_01.JPG
more room to roam in and store more stuff
DSCN5589_01.JPG (31.73 KiB) Viewed 16906 times
DSCN5588_01.JPG
more space for more tools
DSCN5588_01.JPG (30.45 KiB) Viewed 16906 times
willofiam

Postby Randy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm

It looks great !

Does this mean that you will now have to reduce the foot print of your woodshop ????
:o
Randy

Postby willofiam » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:58 pm

OOOOOHHHHH yeah. I am sure in the next few months I will finish using ALL the former wood shop (ideas have brewed again). I have turned down several cabinet making jobs in the past year. I have not even touched most of the equipment (shoved it all in the other garage) thinking of selling some of it but you know how it is with tools, gotta have em just in case. I will most likely keep it all and one of these days I am going to build my own version of clock cases. I would tell you my ideas on it but its a secret :D Thanks for the input, William
willofiam

Postby clockman1509 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 am

Hi William, just been going back over you workshop photo's. Brilliant. I like the look of your clock movement holder, it looks the same as Bob's can you let me know where you bought it. I bought a movement holder from Cousins in the UK, what a let down , I put the movement on the stand an I can mount the pendulum but not mount the hands or turn the movement round and have the hands on but not mount the pendulum. Paul saw this stand when he visited my shop and was not impressed. I have hunted high and low for your type to no avail. Can you offer any advise.
many thanks
Alan
clockman1509

Postby willofiam » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:34 am

Hey Alan, thank you for the kind words, yes I factored in all of those things you mentioned when I decided to buy this one, I use it all the time and it is my favorite, the other ones work well in certain instances. I bought this one from Merritts in US, it is a Parker movement stand, please check their price as I saw one on the ebay for alot more, used....Hope that helps, William
willofiam

Postby clockman1509 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks William,I will check Merritts this evening and let you know when I Receive it.
Regards
Alan
clockman1509

Postby willofiam » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 am

Well.... the new shop expansion, the corn silk colored walls are the new area.
DSCN5958_01.JPG
DSCN5958_01.JPG (31.62 KiB) Viewed 16825 times
DSCN5960_01.JPG
DSCN5960_01.JPG (29.81 KiB) Viewed 16825 times
DSCN5961_01.JPG
DSCN5961_01.JPG (30.38 KiB) Viewed 16825 times
DSCN5962_01.JPG
DSCN5962_01.JPG (33.33 KiB) Viewed 16825 times
willofiam

Postby Arutha » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:36 am

Looking good William, looks like you will need some staff soon seeing the size of it :)
Paul.
Arutha

Postby jim1228 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:00 am

Hey William,
Just how are your customers getting across the moat into your castle to pick up their clocks? Must be quite a challenge. Lol. Looks great William.
I wish you well,
Jim
jim1228

Postby Bob Tascione » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 pm

WOW!! I love it. Beautiful shop William! Well organized too.
Great job on the expansion.
I've picked up some good tips from your page.
Thanks for putting those pics up here.

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby CatskillPainter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:48 pm

You've got an amazing shop going here. You'd never drag me out of a shop like that ! You've done a really wonderful job with it.
CatskillPainter

Postby willofiam » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:09 am

Hey guys, thank you for the responses, been extremely busy here and of course I have rearranged since the last post. I am going to add more detail to some things I have done (I am going to copy cat as he did a great job on his) and as always looking for input on better ideas, recently Bob and Arutha gave suggestions and it is working out great. thanks all and have a fantabulous day ;) , William
willofiam

Postby willofiam » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:45 pm

O.k. here is the cleaning section, wanted to show the dryer box in particular. A simple box made out of 3/4" melamine, a 1/4" dado set in on the front edge to allow for a sliding door, I would imagine a hinged door would work just fine but I didnt want to take up too much space, (when I started I was in a 9x10 room in the basement). A hole cut in the top and another piece so as to sandwich a heavy fabric between them, hose clamp a hairdryer to the fabric and WHALLAH. I added some 3/4 x 3/4 "rails" with the dado to hold the baskets off the bottom, for venting I cut 3 slots in each side simply by raising the table saw blade thru the side piece, the finger hole also acts as a vent. The smaller baskets are sink strainers from the local hardware store. In another post about keeping things organized for easier reassembly I use these smaller baskets for that purpose also, (each train in its own basket throughout the cleaning process) the larger baskets hold bigger items off the bottom for drying. William
DSCN6365_01.JPG
DSCN6365_01.JPG (25.94 KiB) Viewed 16676 times
DSCN6363_01.JPG
DSCN6363_01.JPG (27.27 KiB) Viewed 16676 times
DSCN6364_01.JPG
DSCN6364_01.JPG (22.93 KiB) Viewed 16676 times
DSCN6366_01.JPG
DSCN6366_01.JPG (26.59 KiB) Viewed 16676 times
willofiam

Postby Bob Tascione » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:40 pm

That's a nice size William. I like it a lot. Geeze your shop is beautiful!

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Arutha » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Are you making me one for Christmas? ;)
Looking good my friend. I am using the "gritter cob" medium for drying my movements. My water is not that good quality, if I just dry my movements in a box it leaves water stains so I like an absorbent media instead. Whatever works is good :)
Arutha

Postby Randy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:11 pm

William..

Two suggestions ?

1. Wear a GPS, so that your wife can find you for dinner.
2. Get a set of roller skates.

Man,..what a nice, well laid out ( and large ) shop !!!!

All the best.

R
Randy

Postby willofiam » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:28 am

Thanks guys, Bob you can come up ANYTIME and show me how to do stuff, Paul, if you came over I would make you anything you wanted out of wood, for free.....and yes Randy there does seem to be alot more wandering around looking for stuff but I will soon have everything just right if thats possible, one thing I hate is looking for something, every second wasted is a wasted second. with a large area it doesnt mean I am any more efficient than a small space, just allows for more stuff and confusion. organization and familiarity with the shop is key to efficiency. At the least I am ready for when Paul sends the Christmas crate full of all the cool tools and lathes he has over there. William
willofiam

Postby willofiam » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Howdy Yall, here are some pictures of how I have my watchmakers lathes set up. Mostly I wanted to show the microscope. I have a difficult time using a loupe while using the lathe. When I bashed my 2 front teeth into the lathe :roll: I decided there has to be another way. Previously I had rigged the amscope over the lathe but it did not give me all the room I wanted, many times I would want it out of the way so it was kind of a process, they do make the amscope with the larger booms, I was leaning towards getting one when I found this vintage inspection microscope, I drove 4 hours one way figuring if I left at 1 am I would be back by 9am to get back to work, well.....anyway, what I like the most is that it gives me lots of room to roam under the binoculars, also being a large enough boom I can swing it over several lathes. I liked it so much I patiently kept looking for another and WHALLA :shock: , I use this one for inspection, hairspring adjusting, oiling ect...ect...Thru sellers willing to negotiate I purchased each one for $150.00 I hope Paul sends me a Christmas bonus this year :) . the table is not complete as I am still figuring out how I want things exactly but it very functional so far. have a fantabulous day, William
DSCN6402_01.JPG
DSCN6402_01.JPG (31.15 KiB) Viewed 16665 times
DSCN6400_01.JPG
DSCN6400_01.JPG (29.8 KiB) Viewed 16665 times
DSCN6399_01.JPG
DSCN6399_01.JPG (30 KiB) Viewed 16665 times
DSCN6406_01.JPG
DSCN6406_01.JPG (28.89 KiB) Viewed 16665 times
willofiam

PreviousNext

Return to Member Shop Pics.