[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - My Shop "Arutha"

My Shop "Arutha"

Create your own "Personal Shop Page" Just Start a "New Topic"using your forum User Name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Forum rules
Start a "New Topic" using your forum User name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!!
This will be your personal home page.
Post your pics on your personal page only
DO NOT POST YOUR PICS ON ANOTHER PERSONS PERSONAL PAGE UNLESS REQUESTED OR GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PAGE OWNER

Re: My Shop "Arutha"

Postby Arutha » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:31 am

workshop3.jpg
workshop3.jpg (161.6 KiB) Viewed 15703 times
workshop2.jpg
workshop2.jpg (233.84 KiB) Viewed 15703 times
workshop1.jpg
workshop1.jpg (160.58 KiB) Viewed 15703 times

As you can see from the pictures, I didn't worry about having a clear up, you see it just as it is :)
Arutha

Postby Arutha » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:48 am

workshop7.jpg
workshop7.jpg (212.43 KiB) Viewed 15703 times

The drill I found very cheap on e-bay, it came from the Smiths Clock Factory then spent 15 years in an all girls school before being bought by the guy I purchased it from. It works like new and is so accurate I managed to drill out a boot from a small clock lever, put a new brass stud in it and rivet it back to the lever. The hole was 0.3mm!

workshop6.jpg
workshop6.jpg (205.43 KiB) Viewed 15703 times

This brightly coloured vario-Lux lathe is a hobby lathe, I bought it as it had the milling attachment, great for general stuff but is hard work when you want something accurate.

workshop5.jpg
workshop5.jpg (243.25 KiB) Viewed 15703 times

These clocks are mainly mine, either to be used for parts or (when I have a bit of spare time :?) are to be restored.

workshop4.jpg
workshop4.jpg (255.62 KiB) Viewed 15703 times

This last pic is of a Holbrook lathe, as soon as I have some other old lathes sold and out of the way it will be getting a new cabinet and a complete strip-down and clean. This is one heavy beast and took 3 people to drag it up the stairs, I will be borrowing my brothers engine crane to get it up on a cabinet. I hope I never have to move!
Arutha

Postby david pierce » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Paul,
Your radial drill press and the Holbrook lathe look like two really nice machines. It appears that the lathe has a camlock spindle. I do not know your machine but it may be large enough to take 5-C collets. If that is the case then you are very fortunate. The range of collet sizes and accuracy is very high but they can be bought at a reasonable price from almost any supplier.
david
david pierce

Postby Arutha » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:51 am

Thats good to know david. I have joined the holbrook group on yahoo and they have said that type of chuck fitting is rare on that lathe. It is a lovely machine but i have 3 old myford lathes to sell before i start work on it.
Arutha

Postby Bob Tascione » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Yeah I'm with David. I really like that Holbrook, I LOVE that drill press and I want to know more about that lathe you have sitting next to the drill press :) You've sure got a beautiful shop Paul!!

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Arutha » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:56 am

Thanks Bob, once I get back in the workshop I will take some more pics :)
Arutha

Postby demewill » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:21 pm

This link will take to Hemingway kits pinion mill which looks to be from the same design as yours. They have some other nice kits on the website as well.

Dan

http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/T ... _Mill.html
demewill

Postby david pierce » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:49 pm

WOW!, nice find.
david
david pierce

Postby Arutha » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:00 pm

That does indeed look like my mill! They do some nice kits, great find.
Paul.
Arutha

Postby tmac1956 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:47 pm

Arutha:

What do you do with that StratoBlaster in the earlier pic?

Very Kool!
Tom
tmac1956

Postby Arutha » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:05 pm

That was a repair for a band mate, i used to play bass in a covers band but gave it up recently. The best gig was at a charity event where we played to around 2000 people. :)
Arutha

Postby david pierce » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:05 am

Paul,
Your band wasn't called THE SULTAN'S OF SWING by any chance, was it?
david
david pierce

Postby Arutha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:21 pm

No David, not the band I was in, the first was called "Dirty Socket" and the second was "Drop the Rock".
Paul.
Arutha

Postby cazclocker » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:38 am

Hi Paul! Hey I just NOW saw this thread showing your shop. When I responded to your question about the clock plate with the damaskeening on it, I had no idea how extensive your shop is! Very impressive indeed. Like Bob said, I think your pinion cutting machine is just awesome.
Well done, Paul!
...Doug
-------------------
Doug Haeussler
NAWCC #0167553
-------------------
cazclocker

Postby Arutha » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 am

Hi Doug,
that wasn't my question on polishing the plates, I was answering the question too :)
I love that pinion mill, its just a shame the Thorntons cutters are so expensive.
When are we going to see some pictures of your shop?
Paul.
Arutha

Postby cazclocker » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:27 am

Paul, oops - I got the identities mixed up re: the damaskeened plate thread....sorry! About my shop - actually, I have a load of old photos, but I've made quite a few changes & additions so the photos are no longer representative of my shop as it is now. I've been wanting to take new ones and this board is just the kick in the seat I need to do so! Give me a few days.
...Doug in Arizona
PS...Hey Paul, I read your comment about playing bass...that's interesting, so did I and I finally quit playing a few years ago. I played in several blues/rock/country bands locally. Had to quit to care for my mother with Alzheimer's. Now I fix clocks and listen to big-band era music on the radio! Beats dealing with guitar players...what a bunch of babies... :lol: :lol: :lol:
-------------------
Doug Haeussler
NAWCC #0167553
-------------------
cazclocker

Postby Arutha » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:33 am

Arutha

Postby cazclocker » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 pm

-------------------
Doug Haeussler
NAWCC #0167553
-------------------
cazclocker

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:21 am

Paul you have a very nice and well setup shop. Nice looking equipment.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby Arutha » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:30 am

Thanks Bernie, as you probably know having your own shop, it continues to be an "ongoing" project, things have moved around again since i took these pics :)
Paul.
Arutha

PreviousNext

Return to Member Shop Pics.