[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - My mainspring winder etc. Kevin "khoward279"

My mainspring winder etc. Kevin "khoward279"

Create your own "Personal Shop Page" Just Start a "New Topic"using your forum User Name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Forum rules
Start a "New Topic" using your forum User name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!!
This will be your personal home page.
Post your pics on your personal page only
DO NOT POST YOUR PICS ON ANOTHER PERSONS PERSONAL PAGE UNLESS REQUESTED OR GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PAGE OWNER

My mainspring winder etc. Kevin "khoward279"

Postby khoward279 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:07 pm

This is my take on a mainspring winder. I made this at work where I have access to the tooling. Thanks to William for his help and pictures.
20141025_100038.jpg
20141025_100038.jpg (148.61 KiB) Viewed 7388 times
20141025_100024.jpg
20141025_100024.jpg (147.09 KiB) Viewed 7388 times
Kevin Howard
khoward279

Re: My mainspring winder Kevin

Postby willofiam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:19 pm

BEE AAA UUU TTT FUL. I like, Does it have a ratchet system to aid in locking the headstock? or are you using the flat on the spindle rod to lock it? William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby khoward279 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Thanks William. I decided to use a flat with a thumb screw because I was running out of time before I took sick leave from work. I'm hoping to install a ratchet or hand made click system. I work with some crafty design people and the click stop is pretty cool they came up with. Next up my version of a pivot polisher and pictures. Thanks again for the help. :)
Kevin Howard
khoward279

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Good looking winder. A click that reverses would be a must in my mind.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby khoward279 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Bernie,
Your right I will be building that next. I will be showing that when complete and I think you guy's are going to like it. :D
Kevin Howard
khoward279

Postby cazclocker » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:51 am

Holy mackerel, I just found this thread. That winder is beautifully made! That is just the sort of thing that make you sleep well after you make it.
...Doug
PS...I hope you post more pictures if you add improvements to it!
-------------------
Doug Haeussler
NAWCC #0167553
-------------------
cazclocker

Return to Member Shop Pics.