My Shop "Bernie Weishapl"

Create your own "Personal Shop Page" Just Start a "New Topic"using your forum User Name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Forum rules
Start a "New Topic" using your forum User name as the title and post pics of your shop, tools, you etc.!!
This will be your personal home page.
Post your pics on your personal page only
DO NOT POST YOUR PICS ON ANOTHER PERSONS PERSONAL PAGE UNLESS REQUESTED OR GIVEN PERMISSION BY THE PAGE OWNER

My Shop "Bernie Weishapl"

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:59 am

Well here are a few pictures of my shop and tools. The watchmakers bench has a lot of watch tools seperate from my clock tools. I have been in this shop for about 31 yrs and it is not as tidy as some but is comfortable for me. My wife came out 5 yrs ago to clean the shop for me and I told her to stay in her craft room because I couldn't find a dang thing when she got done. :lol: Anyway lots of clocks and watches have been thru here. I guess you could call me a hoarder because I have boxes of movements, movement parts, etc that I have acquired over the years. On the lathe bench what you see in the picture is about half of it. The drawer below has 3 jaw chuck, 2 tail stocks (one that holds collets), burnishers, and all the little gadgets I have made over the years like the flag Bob made on his video. Anyway here it is.
Attachments
Shop 4.jpg
Ollie Baker mainspring winder.
Shop 4.jpg (63.83 KiB) Viewed 18151 times
Shop 3.jpg
Two grandfathers finished being timed with microset and computer.
Shop 3.jpg (64.58 KiB) Viewed 18151 times
Shop 2.jpg
Shop 2.jpg (64.8 KiB) Viewed 18151 times
Shop 1.jpg
Just completed a Kenzile clock repair this morning. On the test stand for a couple of days.
Shop 1.jpg (100.51 KiB) Viewed 18151 times
Last edited by Bernie Weishapl on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Re: Shop

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:00 am

More pictures.
Attachments
Shop 8.jpg
William this is the test stand that I have I am trying to remember where I got it. On it is a Ithaca Calendar clock movment. It is a Welch club foot movement.
Shop 8.jpg (129.4 KiB) Viewed 18150 times
Shop 7.jpg
Shop 7.jpg (85.83 KiB) Viewed 18150 times
Shop 6.jpg
Elma bushing tool. Don't mind the mess as I just got in a bunch of quartz movements and parts. lol
Shop 6.jpg (40.29 KiB) Viewed 18150 times
Shop 5.jpg
Grandfather being timed with the microset and computer.
Shop 5.jpg (158.5 KiB) Viewed 18150 times
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby willofiam » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Great shop Bernie, I know what you mean about the wife cleaning and organizing, just last week my wonderful wife came out to do just that, I think it is really cool to have her want to be part of it, BUT like you said, I looked for something for 1/2 a hour. I am going to let her do her thing but I will have to be a pert of it too. maybe thats the real issue of all time between man and woman, Could be possible that as Adam tended the garden, Eve organized his shed and Adam could not find the pruning shears for the fruit tree....well, you know the rest.

On the post under the fat man clock, is that a swing out movement holder?

Hard to get rid of movements, you just never know if youll need something from it.

Thanks for sharing, William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks William. Yes it is a swing out holder. I have two of those.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Re: My Shop "Bernie Weishapl"

Postby Bob Tascione » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:31 pm

Now that's a cool "working" shop!
Great setup Bernie. Thanks for posting. Please keep the pics coming if you have a chance.
Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Will do Bob. I will take a few more when I get the Taig setup that I am going to order tomorrow.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby gerene » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:06 am

Really nice shop Bernie, looking forward to more pics, especially from the Taig... ;)

Jan
gerene

Postby Arutha » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:06 pm

I dont allow my wife to organise my workshop, I am perfectly capable of losing stuff myself, even though it is not lost and right there in front of me. :roll:
Good to see another working workshop Bernie, how long did it take to get it how you wanted it, I am still having issues after 14 months!
Paul.
Arutha

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Thanks again to all.

Paul I am still arranging here and there but probably 15 yrs :lol: to get it where it is now. I have to tell you a story Paul. It may be my age but anyway I ordered 4- 3/4" X .0165" X 96" mainsprings. Got them in and fixed the clock I was working on. I told myself put these where you will find them because I had another clock in line that had a broke mainspring. Well a week or two later I started on the clock. Yep you guessed it. I could not find those mainsprings to save my soul. So rather than waste a day looking I just ordered 4 more. Of course they came in and I went to the shop to finish the clock. I sat down and looked straight ahead. Yes there were the two I was looking for right in front of me. :roll: :lol: So don't feel bad.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby gerene » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:27 am

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who is so well organised that he cannot find back the stuff he carefully stored to certainly not loose them. :?

Jan
gerene

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:23 am

:lol: It has happened more than once Jan. :D
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby willofiam » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 am

:lol: Thanks for making me laugh :lol:
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby david pierce » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:36 am

And I thought I was the only one that happened to. With me it is usually a set of Allen Wrenches or the one Allen Wrench out of the set that I need at the moment. Now if I can only remember where I parked my car!
david
david pierce

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:48 pm

:lol: My problem to day was finding my glasses. Of course they were on top of my head. :lol:
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Postby bobpat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:11 am

YUP, Done that :lol:
bobpat

Postby mahlon » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:23 am

Bernie, I like you shop! It has that lived in look :D :D I'm not sure William actually uses his space, it looks really clean :? Mahlon
mahlon

Return to Member Shop Pics.