Mainspring winder

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Mainspring winder

Postby Townhallclock1947 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi. After spending many weeks wondering if I should buy a MSW. I finnaly purchased the type that Im told the B.H.I use in there School, Well I would sure be counting my fingers before I went home at night. This type of Winder appears to be qiute a challenge for the novice. Yes I hear you say you should have worn a glove. O.K. that said and my fingers are healing nicely now.Perhaps someone could advise me about maybe a Keystone or someother make. Cheers Clive, in Cornwall.
Townhallclock1947

Re: Mainspring winder

Postby wingman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:20 am

Hello Clive

I had a big chuck of flesh removed from my thumb from using a cheap hand winder. I spent $200 and got an Ollie Baker type winder. I really like it. Also get a good set of tanned leather gloves. Suede leather gloves break down and pieces of leather get into the spring.

Steve
wingman

Postby Townhallclock1947 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:54 am

Hi. Wingman, Well Steve I think Ill Take your advice. M.S.W. Of the American type seem to be difficult to get hold of in the U.K. But theres always e.bay. Many thanks for the reply.....Regards Clive.
Townhallclock1947

Postby Townhallclock1947 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Re .M.S.W. Well this evening I purchased a Ollie Baker from the U.S A. The postage was a bit expensive but, Im sure It will worth It. Thanks for all the advice. Clive U.K.
Townhallclock1947

Return to General Discussion Forum