Welcome to the Members Forum!

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Welcome to the Members Forum!

Postby Bob Tascione » Sat May 01, 2010 11:23 am

Good to see you here!

Since you're reading this then I guess I FINALLY figured out how to run this thing...barely.
If some weird things happen during your visit please hang in there with me until I get through some of the technical stuff that comes with managing this forum.
If you haven't already read the Forum Rules above and the forum description please take a minute to go though them.
I've just launched this forum today Saturday, May 1.

Please feel free to start a thread by clicking the New Topic button or just jump right in to an existing thread.

Thanks and again Welcome!

Bob
Bob Tascione

Re: Welcome to the Members Forum!

Postby justrightgeorge » Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 am

Now I can't find the new topic button, but I'm sure it will turn up.

What does one do with a clock that will fun just fine on a test stand but stops whenever it's put in a case? Have to spend a lot of time watching "tempus fugit."
justrightgeorge

Postby wingman » Fri May 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Hello Bob/Et Al.

I'm new to both clock repair and collecting. The videos have been great and I probably couldn't have gotten as far with out them. I haven't enjoyed a hobby more. My wife is enjoying the collecting and she assists with many of the repairs. She did a nice restoration of our old elopement cuckoo clock. We joined NAWCC and can't wait for the next Pacific NW regional meeting.

Cheers
Steve Ray
Wingman
Victoria, BC
Canada
wingman

Postby Bob Tascione » Sun May 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Good to see you up here Steve!

Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby OldTimers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Bob,
I've been doing both clocks and watches for a few years now but must say I've picked up a lot of good tips from your online courses. The animations in the clock section are amazing. Hope you'll continue doing them. I do AS3 flash programming and know that what you've done with the course in the way of interactivity isn't easy and takes a lot of time. Do you do your own programming?
Thanks for the courses and the forum!

John
OldTimers

Postby watchthis55 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:05 pm

hello clock folk, new to this forum and learning for yrs the greatist hobby ever,am i aloud to ask about obtaining watch and clock parts from the forum
watchthis55

Postby Bob Tascione » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 am

Good to have you on board OldTimers and Watchthis55! Thanks for joining.

OldTimers: Happy to hear you like the animations and interactivity...yes I do all of the AS3 programming myself and am working on some interactive animations right now. Tough but powerful stuff AS3. This is something I can do from the boat wherever I am. I enjoy it alot but sometimes...well you know.

Watchthis55: By all means ask for parts anytime up here. Also if you find a good place for used parts etc. please post that up here too.

Thanks again for joining,
Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby OldTimers » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks Bob
It's good to be here. I do AS3 programming for a living so I can appreciate the work you've done setting everything up online. Your players are perfect for jumping (navigating) to any topic. That took some doing. Nice work, nice course.

John
OldTimers

Return to General Discussion Forum