Adobe Flash Player

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Adobe Flash Player

Postby jdp020351 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:29 am

Good Morning
I've been a member of this forum for many, many years and have been using Bob's course for learning (originally) and now for reference (often). I've been getting flash notices since 2017 that Adobe Flash Player's "End of Life" will be gone Dec 31, 2020. My question is: will I still be able to view the course with out the flash player and if not , what program or app do I need to continue to use Bob's course? Thanks very much for any information.
Jerry
jdp020351

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Postby Bob Tascione » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:38 am

Good to see you up here Jerry!
You're a few days ahead of me on this topic. Yes there's a lot happening with Adobe Flash at the end of Dec. l'll be posting detailed info up here about Flash and what we've done to replace it. I can say now though that you can always login to the non-flash version of your course anytime. Although the Flash version of the course should still be usable in some older versions of Windows such as XP and Windows 7 it's not something that we're going to depend on. The Flash version will still be accessible in your course but I've already begun using HTML5/WebGL2 and also breaking into WebGPU for 3D and interactivity up at https://LearnTimeOnline.com . Members of the Tascione courses will have the option to migrate over to LearnTimeOnline soon and will have access to this new and expanding course platform.
I'll post more information up here in the next few days.
Thanks for posting Jerry,
Back soon,
Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby jdp020351 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:12 am

Thanks Bob and it's always good to hear from you.
Jerry
jdp020351

Postby JaneMB » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:48 am

Ahhh, thanks, that explains the problems I was having logging into Learntimeonline. It wouldn't accept my username, or email address, and password. I was wondering about Flash too.

Cheers,

Jane
JaneMB

Return to General Discussion Forum