Movement Identification?

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Movement Identification?

Postby slattery51 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:38 pm

I came across, what looked to be an old Ingraham office regulator...I took the dial of
it had a un-signed "trapezoid calendar movement in it...no obvious marriage of clock and
movement was noticed,,,all mounting holes were correct...it had the letters "CD" stamped in the brass
and the letter "J" also stamped in the brass above it,,,, Any one know who made this movement?? I will try
and post pictures if I can....any help would be appreciated.....Thanks.
Attachments
RSCN2370.JPG
RSCN2370.JPG (98.14 KiB) Viewed 2538 times
RSCN2353.JPG
RSCN2353.JPG (409.47 KiB) Viewed 2538 times
slattery51

Re: Movement Identification?

Postby Michael Ciskowski » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:15 pm

http://docs.nawcc.org/Bulletins/1990/ar ... 3_755a.pdf

I might refer you to the December 1999 issue of the NAWCC Bulletin to an article on identifying unmarked movements by the escape wheel bridge. Bases on your photo, I suspect yout movement is a WM. Gilbert (B3.4). Seth Thomas also used this style of bridge on some movements but they used pins or screws to secure the plates where your photo shows the use of nuts. You might check the article to make your final determination. I refer to this article often as it is pretty valuable to have handy.
Michael Ciskowski

Re: Movement Identification?

Postby slattery51 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Thanks so very much for that info...I will certainly look at that info.....I guess I do
not see many un-marked movements come across my bench,, and this one kind of threw
me for a moment....Thanks again,,,,Best Regards.....Dave...
slattery51

Return to General Discussion Forum