Kienzle 451-050H

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Kienzle 451-050H

Postby eurotrast » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:05 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'm looking for a few days (thanks to the interest and courses of tascione) to disassemble and assemble Hermle watches.
From the used market I bought for $30 a mobile pendulum with a mechanism "Kienzle 451-50h".
The mechanics do not work, is oxidized, dirty, I would be able to restore it, I tried to disassemble, wash it with vinegar, but the result does not satisfy me. I thought I'd sandblast it (personally I don't have a specific lab for watches but I'm tooling up). If possible I would like to understand if, sandblasting the plates and gears (with very fine sand) I create damage to the brass and gears.
I would also be useful to know if Kienzle and a sub-ark of Hermle, face that look alike, in this case any missing pieces I could find them from Cousinsuk.

I apologize for the bad translation but it is the best of Microsoft traslator.

Salve, sono nuovo del forum, è sto cercando da qualche giorno ( grazie all'interessamento e ai corsi di Tascione) di smontare e montare orologi Hermle.
Dal rigattiere ho acquistato per $ 30 un mobile pendolo con un meccanismo "Kienzle 451-50H".
La meccanica non funziona, è ossidata, sporca, vorrei riuscire a ripristinarla, ho provato a smontarlo, lavarlo con aceto, ma il risultato non mi soddisfa. Pensavo di sabbiarlo (personalmente non ho un laboratorio specifico per orologi ma mi sto attrezzando). Se possibile vorrei capire se, sabbiare le piastre e gli ingranaggi (con sabbia finissima) creo dei danni all'ottone e agli ingranaggi.
Mi sarebbe anche utile sapere se Kienzle e una sottomarca di Hermle, viso che sembrano uguali, in questo caso eventuali pezzi mancanti potrei trovarli da CousinsUK.
Chiedo scusa per la cattiva traduzione ma è il meglio della Microsoft traslator.
eurotrast

Re: Kienzle 451-050H

Postby Time Slot » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:08 am

Hello Eurotrast,
Generally sand blasting any parts on a clock or watch would be considered damaging to the parts. There are cases when sand blasting would be used for a visual effect but to not at all good way to clean a clock. This would damage the smooth running surfaces of gear teeth, pivots and any other sliding contact surfaces. Not good.
To clean the movements I would at the very least use a mild soapy water solution and a soft brush. This will not yield shiny plates but will clean the parts.
To the best of my knowledge Kienzle and Hermle parts are not interchangeable. Kienzle has been out of business for many years whereas Hermle is still producing large numbers of movements.

James
Time Slot

Postby eurotrast » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:51 am

Hello james,
Thanks for the information, I saw that for a good cleaning you use ultrasound, for now I have to wait maybe one day.
Very waiting your answer on kienzle, now I know that they are not compatible.
I will take a "hermle 451.050 h" (94cm)
To use instead of the Kienzle (equal Size) I will try to use the rest of the clock so as not to have waste (pendulum, and ringtone, etc.).

Thank you for answering questions (made by Me)
In an unintelligent way, I am a beginner but I hope to learn thanks to your advice.
eurotrast

Postby Time Slot » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 am

You are welcome Eurotrast,
When first beginning in clock repair an Ultrasonic cleaner is not necessary. Ultrasonic cleaning machines have only been available for a short segment of time when considering the amount of time clocks have been around. Hand cleaning is all there was available for many years up until the advent of Ultrasonic cleaning machines. Hand cleaning is perfectly fine, in my humble opinion, and can do a good job of cleaning when done properly.
You are off to a good start Eurotrast!

James
Time Slot

Postby eurotrast » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:04 am

Hi james,
You're absolutely right, as soon as I get "hermle 451-50h" I will post the photo.
If you have any recommendations for installation, I am grateful (lubrication points, greasing, calibrations).
I bought the "Service Manual of hermle" but I have a hard time translating I do not know English so I entrust to Google or Microsoft translator.
Thanks for the time you dedicate to me,
Gianni
eurotrast

Postby eurotrast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 am

Hi james,
Finally came the 451-050h Ermle.
As promised I am attaching the photos, I also purchased the additional mechanism for night silence, I hoped that there were instructions of how to mount it but nothing, not even an image. I hope to find in the blog someone who knows how to do it and wants to give me some Indication.
Gianni
Attachments
20181009_174105.jpg
Ermle 451-050H
20181009_174105.jpg (163.43 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
eurotrast

Return to General Discussion Forum