[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Winterhalder & Hofmeier Strike

Winterhalder & Hofmeier Strike

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Winterhalder & Hofmeier Strike

Postby jc747400 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:42 am

G'day All

I'm still new at this awesome hobby and recently jumped into the deep end with a beautiful Winterhalder and Hofmeier mantle clock I picked up at auction. It's a fine movement and the time train is working well, however when I got it the chime was not working (or only striking the first note. I have took the movement out and trying to work out the strike and how it works as its very different from the usual rack and snail. The main problem I am struggling with is the count and 1/4 chimes to work in order.

Im hoping someone out here an help or have some diagrams/tips on how it should all work? Please see some photos attached:

Most grateful,

Julian. Bulli, NSW//AUS
Attachments
IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1172.jpg (102.44 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
IMG_1170.jpg
IMG_1170.jpg (79.26 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
IMG_1171.jpg
IMG_1171.jpg (88.08 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
jc747400

Re: Winterhalder & Hofmeier Strike

Postby willofiam » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:06 am

Have a great day, William
willofiam

Re: Winterhalder & Hofmeier Strike

Postby jc747400 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:50 pm

G'Day William, hey thanks for the advise and makes sense. At the moment Its all assembled back but when I get the time I will have another crack and take some more photos (unfortunately I only thought of this after I put it back together!). This is what I love about this hobby, its mentally challenging but frustrating when you can't figure it out. However, like you say its better to get advise than damage something.
Will be back in touch to plug you expertise!
Many thanks,
Julian
jc747400

Return to General Discussion Forum