balance cock

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

balance cock

Postby timenut111 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:18 am

Why is it everytime I tighten the screw on the balance cock, the balance wheel stops? I loosen it and it takes off, I tighten it and it stops...it's not rubbing against anything I can see,,,,help!
timenut111

Re: balance cock

Postby Bob Tascione » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Moved to General Forum.

Hi Timenut,
I've moved your questions from the other forum as that forum is for posting Tips or Recommendation that a member has and not for asking questions. Any questions asked in that forum will likely go unanswered for a long time. This General forum is the best place to ask questions when you have them. Much more active here.

As for your question:
Could be a few things happening here. Sometimes a replacement balance staff may be a little longer than should be. Result is pinching between upper and lower cap jewels. Also misalignment between upper and lower hole jewels or balance cock that has been bent down. Both of these can be caused by a badly performed past repair. If this is the same watch that you changed the balance staff on mentioned in your post today then the staff dimensions might be suspect since you're also having an issue with the roller being a bit loose.
Adios for now,
Bob
Bob Tascione

Return to General Discussion Forum