[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Inaccurate Minute Hand

Inaccurate Minute Hand

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Inaccurate Minute Hand

Postby Tik246Doc » Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 am

Howdy all,

Have just reassembled a basket case. What I believe to be an old Ansonia large school house regulator. Now runs great. However, the minute hand lags about 3 minutes behind the strikes on the hour and half hour. Minute hand was loose on arbor due to wear so I did the old peanut can lid shim trick which took all of the play out of it so it is tight on the arbor. There is 1 minute of play in the arbor, (gear wear?) so that still leaves about a 2 minute difference between the strike and where the hand should be. Any suggestions on a fix? Or just one of those old age- you have to live with it things?

Thanks

Rich
Cambria
Tik246Doc

Re: Inaccurate Minute Hand

Postby willofiam » Tue May 29, 2018 5:58 am

Have a great day, William
willofiam

Re: Inaccurate Minute Hand

Postby Tik246Doc » Thu May 31, 2018 6:40 am

William,

Thank you so much for the response. Your reply gave me a lot to ponder as I tried to get to sleep last night. I have noticed that when the minute hand reaches the hour it is right on. It is on the half hour that I am getting the 3 minute error which makes me think that perhaps a very slight adjustment to the half hour lifting pin just might do it. As I have not yet experienced this problem and all my other projects have come out working just fine, I just never gave it a thought. But you can bet from now on it will be on my checklist on any further re-assemblies. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Thanks again. Cant tell you how much it means to us newbies to know we have the support you give us. Have a great day.

Rich
Cambria
Tik246Doc

Return to General Discussion Forum