Barrel Springs Hermle 340-020

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Barrel Springs Hermle 340-020

Postby chuckc1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:27 am

Hello all,
I have a question about barrel hooks for spring winders. I have a Webster spring winder that i purchased on eBay.
I am working on a Hermle 340-020. The barrels are chime = 41 and strike and time = 40. I removed and installed the springs by hand because I could not get the hook to fit the barrel hole. Has anyone else had this problem with a Webster spring winder? Since the Hermle movements, working with the second movement now, are the only movements I have run into with the barrels so far, are there different style hooks for different barrels? Is this a common problem to the Webster winders?

Thanks for any suggestions
Chuck
chuckc1

Re: Barrel Springs Hermle 340-020

Postby Clocks-R-Me » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:04 am

Hello Chuck,
I used to have a Webster but now use an Ollie Baker. The Webster was a good winder. I don't recall ever having a problem with the hook fitting Hermle barrel holes but if thats the case can you modify or add another hook onto the Webster that fits? Only a suggestion but thats what I would probably try to do.

Dan
Clocks-R-Me

Re: Barrel Springs Hermle 340-020

Postby chuckc1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:21 am

Hi Dan,
It just seems that the diameter of these barrels is also small and, because of the shape of the hook, the hook in a position there is nothing to hang on. Especially with the tail of the spring still hooked to the barrel.
That was also the reason I asked if there are different hooks available. Maybe this hook is not the correct hook for this diameter barrel. I will try to modify the hook to fit :?:
Thanks again!
chuckc1

Return to General Discussion Forum