[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Waltham/Korean clock movement

Waltham/Korean clock movement

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Waltham/Korean clock movement

Postby chuckc1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:57 am

Hey All,
Got myself into a situation! My sister-in-law gave my wife a Waltham grandfather/grandmother clock. The clock was not working and I told the wife I thought it could be repaired. I pulled the works from the case and a visual inspection revealed the movement to be very dirty and gummy. There is also some rust on the main springs. I decided to disassemble and clean.
This is where I got into the situation. I wanted to put my spring clamps onto the main springs but because of some bracket attached to the spring, that also attaches to the plate post, I could not get the clamp on. I used wire to wrap the springs and then I let them down as normal. I took pictures prior to opening the back plates. Normally, I take side and end shots as well as front and back. I then take interior pictures after separation of the plates for wheel locations. I have not had an issue before but this time I was not so fortunate!
As I separated the plates, a wheel and mainspring wheel separated, one or both, and the mainspring(s) did a release which caused all the wheels to literally explode. This left all the wheels laying around and on each other which makes it difficult to determine which wheel belongs where. I did take photos of the calamity and I can upload if it is necessary.
I have seen on the forum, there are some with Korean movement familiarity. I have not found any part/model numbers on the plates. I am hoping that someone may have a sketch or photo of the wheel alignment for a Korean movement. I realize there are different movements but I am also hoping that the wheel alignment, like the American movements, is not so different between movements.
If you have a sketch or photo, would you mind sharing with me?
Thanks
chuckc1

Re: Waltham/Korean clock movement

Postby chuckc1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:17 am

Uploaded two photos of the Waltham/Korean movement. I hope someone has worked this before.
Attachments
Korean2.jpg
Showing the mainspring post brackets
Korean2.jpg (132.14 KiB) Viewed 2916 times
Korean.jpg
Waltham/Korean movement
Korean.jpg (109.86 KiB) Viewed 2916 times
chuckc1

Re: Waltham/Korean clock movement

Postby willofiam » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 am

hopefully this helps

DSCN2246_01.JPG