[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Clock click spring

Clock click spring

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Clock click spring

Postby chaplin37 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:20 am

Not sure how this got all bent and damaged but when you wind the clock it does push the click down so I'm guessing it has lost its spring and I will have to fabricate a new one. My question is what metal to use? I have used feeler gauges in the past for pocket watch springs but this click has too big of an arch for the feeler gauges I have.
IMAG0690.jpg
IMAG0690.jpg (73.17 KiB) Viewed 3330 times

IMAG0692.jpg
IMAG0692.jpg (140.82 KiB) Viewed 3330 times
chaplin37

Re: Clock click spring

Postby chaplin37 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:54 am

Sorry it does not push down on the click. In my response above i said that it does.
chaplin37

Postby Bob Tascione » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 am

Hi Chaplin37,
You can use any high carbon steel like an old clock mainspring, file, saw blades etc. I keep an assortment of 01 flat stock on hand for springs and other parts that need to be hardened and tempered. You can get 01 flat stock at just about any metal supply house. Here's a link to some: https://www.metalsdepot.com/products/to ... 20&aident=

Enjoy,
Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby chaplin37 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 am

Thanks Bob

This helps out a lot.
chaplin37

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:14 pm

I have used all of what Bob has suggested for springs. I also order from the same company to get a little wider metal to make those springs. Get your thickness and order some. It take patience but all I have made have worked well. The metal does need to be hardened and tempered. Easy to do.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Return to General Discussion Forum