[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Geneva Stop Work Animation

Geneva Stop Work Animation

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Geneva Stop Work Animation

Postby Bob Tascione » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi All,
Thought I would post a video here of an animation I just put up on youtube for anyone interested. The Geneva Stop Work is found on many older clocks and watches.
Thanks and hope you enjoy it.

Bob Tascione

Re: Geneva Stop Work Animation

Postby rgmt79 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:01 am

Thanks for that Bob, I had a vague idea how it works, but your video explains it all very well. I'm currently working on a Grand Sonnerie movement which has a variation of the Geneva Stops on all 3 chains, mounted on the plate.
I would like to add that, if I had seen your video before dismantling this clock, I may well have avoided a minor disaster resulting in some stripped teeth on the main wheel of the going chain. It may we worth while pointing out to your members, that it's necessary to make sure that the Stops are disengaged so that the mainsprings are fully unwound before separating the plates.

Richard
Attachments
IMG_0312red.jpg
IMG_0312red.jpg (130.83 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
rgmt79

Re: Geneva Stop Work Animation

Postby Bob Tascione » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:22 am

Hey Richard that's an excellent point!
I'm in the process of writing the text section that will be uploaded to the online course and I'll definitely mention that.
Thanks for the input and idea!

Bob
Bob Tascione

Return to General Discussion Forum