[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Unknown maker

Unknown maker

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Unknown maker

Postby jim1228 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:01 am

IMG_3766.JPG
IMG_3766.JPG (71.93 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
IMG_3726.JPG
IMG_3726.JPG (93.63 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
IMG_3724.JPG
IMG_3724.JPG (82.42 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
IMG_3718.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG (77.92 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
Hello all,
I could really use some help with finding out anything about this clock, mainly the movement. I believe it is Austrian. The movement has no makers mark. I really need to disassemble the movement however, it has mainspring barrels that I am unfamiliar with. I can't even find a way to let down the power. There are no are no ratchet wheels or click springs. Any help would be a blessing.

Thanks,
Jim
jim1228

Re: Unknown maker

Postby Bob Tascione » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Hey good to see you Jim!
I think you're correct about it being Austrian. I've run across the same setup before in Austrian clocks. Sorry to say I never figured out a way of letting the springs down other than to put some fresh oil on the pivots, pull back anchor and fly (if adjustable) and let it slowly run down. If I remember correctly the clicks are attached to the inside of the main wheel. Could be wrong about that so please let me know where you find them. There may be a way to let them down but I never was able to find any small hole along the circumference of the barrel to insert a pin or something to release the clicks. Weird design huh?
Well good luck and please let us know what you find out.

Aloha for now over there in paradise Jim,
Bob
Bob Tascione

Return to General Discussion Forum