[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Mainsprings for a One day strike Terry Clock

Mainsprings for a One day strike Terry Clock

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Mainsprings for a One day strike Terry Clock

Postby Shermarie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello everyone
I am working on a Terry Clock Co. one day strike (kitchen/parlor?) clock. The problem I'm having is finding the correct mainsprings. I can find the correct width and thickness but the length is shorter. The chime side is 33" shorter and the clock side is 15" shorter. Will these work? Should they be the same size?
Thank you,
Sherry
Shermarie

Re: Mainsprings for a One day strike Terry Clock

Postby willofiam » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:19 am

Hello Sherry, sounds like the length is going to be way too short, BUT I am not sure exactly what your dealing with. Where are you getting the sizing from? What are the dimension of the width and thickness? How are you determining that they are short? If your measuring the original mainspring what is the issue with those? Do I need more coffee this morning? Have a great day, William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Postby Shermarie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 am

Hi William, i guess I needed to clarify some thing last night :lol:
Wasn't sure what you needed to know.
The dimensions are 0.309"W x 0.013"T x 63"L on the strike side
and on the clock side they are 0.332"W x 0.015"T x 57"L
I measured the length with a string. The thickness and width with a digital caliper.
The image of the spring that is a little looser on the outside of it, is because I tried to unwind
it and measure it :shock: To me the originals look set, or do they look ok to reuse?
Hope this clarifies things.
Thanks William and have a wonderful day!!
Sherry
IMG_4959 3.jpg
IMG_4959 3.jpg (52.56 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
IMG_4958 3.jpg
IMG_4958 3.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
Shermarie

Postby willofiam » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:50 pm

willofiam

Postby Shermarie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:23 am

Good morning William, thanks for you reply. I will go ahead and try these mainsprings to see how
long they run as you suggested. I can use the practice! Although they are about the same size as
the great wheels. You said "depending on the clock" what about the clock determines the size of
the mainspring to the great wheel?
Thanks for all your help!!
BTW you are making an awesome clock! Beautiful work!
Sherry
Shermarie

Postby willofiam » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:44 am

willofiam

Return to General Discussion Forum