[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Auto Winder cleaning of a ETA 2824-2.

Auto Winder cleaning of a ETA 2824-2.

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Auto Winder cleaning of a ETA 2824-2.

Postby Johnno » Wed May 03, 2017 6:10 am

I want to clean the wheels in the auto winder assembly of an ETA 2824-2. My question, which I am hoping to get some opinions on, is after cleaning does the wheel need to be dipped into Fixodrop? I am also not sure what oil to use D5 or 9010.

My understanding is that Fixodrop prevents oil spread, but I thought synthetic oils like Moebius 9010 didn't spread and could be used without Fixodrop? Appreciate some thoughts.

Thank you
John
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein
Johnno

Re: Auto Winder cleaning of a ETA 2824-2.

Postby Randy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:54 pm

John,
Not sure you would use fix-o drop on the wheels for the auto winding assembly.
D5 for the wheel post in the gear train would probably be a old choice.

Here's a video ( part of a series ) that may be helpful ?

Best

Randy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtgAJBPPefM
Randy

Postby Johnno » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Thank you, Randy. I will check that out.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein
Johnno

Postby Randy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:46 am

I meant to type;
" D5 would probably be a GOOD choice".....

Not sure how I screwed that up LOL !!

R
Randy

Postby Johnno » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:50 am

Johnno

Postby Randy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:02 am

I hope not LOL !!!! :(
Randy

Return to General Discussion Forum