Hamilton 629 Balance Complete or Hairspring BESTFIT?

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Hamilton 629 Balance Complete or Hairspring BESTFIT?

Postby Joe Austin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello all, I am in the process of repairing a pristine Hamilton 629, the only problem it has is the hairspring was distorted. I attempted to correct the hairspring, but it was brittle, and is now broken. I could possible re stud the end, but it would be better if I could locate a Balance complete or a colleted and studded hairspring. I cannot find anything on this movement, except for complete parts movements. Does anyone have a bestfit catalog, or a Swiss system catalog that has balance completes listed that are compatible? Or does anyone know of a possible supplier? I have checked Dashto, Dave's, Casker, and Cousins to no avail. I hate to scrap this movement, the case is 14 K solid gold, and the dial is perfect, so I would buy a parts movement complete, but if I could find a balance, or hairspring it would be preferable.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe Austin

Re: Hamilton 629 Balance Complete or Hairspring BESTFIT?

Postby Joe Austin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Found it... Jules Boreal has a CGI parts match which is very helpful.
Joe Austin

Re: Hamilton 629 Balance Complete or Hairspring BESTFIT?

Postby Randy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 am

Joe,
Not the most economical option...but I see a 629 movement on ebay for around $75..if nothing else is avail ??

Just thought I'd help you source this

Best

Randy
Randy

Return to General Discussion Forum