Getting Started

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Getting Started

Postby dlgraley » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Greetings folks. I am just getting started, and think I have acquired most of the books and hand tools that I'll need at this point(I love buying tools). I have a line on a used lathe and staking set that I should have soon. My interest at this point is the 18th century verge fusee pocket watch. I acquired one that sort of works, but I have to occasionally shake it a bit to get it ticking again. I'm going to take it apart, examine, clean, and see if I can figure out what the problem is. I'm looking forward to this forum.
dlgraley

Re: Getting Started

Postby willofiam » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:09 am

Welcome, sounds like your having fun and diving right in....when you get your lathe set up we would like to see it, if you have not noticed there is a section on this forum called member shop pics, you can start your own thread featuring your workspace. I think we all love buying tools too AND enjoy seeing what others have come up with. William
Have a great day, William
willofiam

Re: Getting Started

Postby dlgraley » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:17 pm

I certainly will William. I also have a Jacot tool enroute. Thanks for the welcome. Dave
dlgraley

Return to General Discussion Forum