[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Tascione • View topic - Wrist watch stem repair

Wrist watch stem repair

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Wrist watch stem repair

Postby Carpasio » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 pm

This is my first post and I am a total beginner. I have an old Ingersoll Automatic which has no crown and what appears to be an incorrect stem (see picture). I am proposing to shorten the stem and obtain a replacement crown. Should the crown accommodate the protubing tube or sleeve or should this be removed also and a flat crown installed?
Rob C

Ingersol watch.JPG
Ingersol wrist watch
Ingersol watch.JPG (371.23 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
Carpasio

Re: Wrist watch stem repair

Postby Bob Tascione » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.
You would want to fit a crown that has a recess to accomodate the tube. I remember seeing an explanation up on one of the suppliers websites that explains how to fit one much better than I can explain here. Give me a few minutes (or maybe an hour or so) and I'll try to locate that page. I think it was up on Caskers site but not sure.
Back in a bit.
Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Bob Tascione » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Ok Rob, it turned out to be up on Ofrei website. I think this is the page.
Lot's of stuff on it that is interesting but most doesn't really apply to your watch until you scroll down a bit to where it says 'Ordering Crowns by Description'.
I think that should help a bunch.
Here's the link: http://www.ofrei.com/page892.html
Good luck and Enjoy!
Bob
Bob Tascione

Postby Carpasio » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:19 am

Thanks Bob - most helpful. I managed to obtain a job lot of crowns and found the perfect fit. Rob
Carpasio

Return to General Discussion Forum