Ingraham Center Wheel

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

Ingraham Center Wheel

Postby jspenard » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:09 am

Hello there! :D I am looking to repair or replace the center wheel on a 1936 E. Ingraham Co shelf clock. The center Wheel leaf pinion (brass) has a gaping vertical crack in it. I recently purchased a used movement on e-bay but that one had the same problem. I have been searching for either a new or at least intact center Wheel or a 10 tooth pinion for it but so far no success. The arbor it is mounted on measures out to 3.5" L (90mm) by .173" W (4.36mm). Can anyone point me in the direction of a potential supplier for either the wheel or pinion, if there is one? I looked at Timesavers, Merritt and Black Forest Imports, and did not see them listed on their web sites. Thanks very much for any help you can give me.
John
jspenard

Re: Ingraham Center Wheel

Postby Michael Ciskowski » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:03 pm

I have had this come up on a couple occasions. I cleaned the leaf pinion as best I could, applied flux, then drew solder down into the crack by placing a small piece of solder on top and heating the bottom of the pinion. Clean & smooth with file & emery cloth. I put a drop of super clue inside the pinion before driving it on the arbor. I don't know if this procedure is according to the standards of the craft but both clocks have been running for several years now with no additional problems.
Michael Ciskowski

Re: Ingraham Center Wheel

Postby jspenard » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Thank you Michael for your insight and willingness to share it. I am quite new to this trade and quite excited about being here. I think I will try your method and see if it will work for me. Anyone else know where I might find such parts just in case I need them in the future?
jspenard

Return to General Discussion Forum