kienzle out of tune

Welcome to the forum!
All visitors are welcome to view topics and posts.
MEMBERSHIP AND POSTING IS RESERVED FOR TASCIONE COURSE MEMBERS ONLY... http://www.tascione.com

Moderators: willofiam, Bob Tascione

kienzle out of tune

Postby james burrows » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:46 am

Hi I have just recently acquired a Kienzle mantel clock which was in a bit of a sorry state I've stripped the woodwork down and re-varnished, I got the clock working great and it chimes on the hour ok but the musical chimes start with the 2 gongs that should be at the end starting at the beginning leaving the end of the tune 2 gongs short with the hammers in mid air. James
james burrows

Re: kienzle out of tune

Postby Arutha » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi James,
only guessing as you dont show a picture of the movement but as you look at the back of the clock, if it has a large wheel at the top on the left of the backplate it should have a screw in it. Loosen the screw and turn it until the chimes are starting in the correct place. It can take a few goes to get right :)
Paul.
Arutha

Re: kienzle out of tune

Postby Bernie Weishapl » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:11 am

I agree with Paul. I always take the clock around till it should have chimed the 15 min. Then I take the wheel in the back and turn it till the hammers go 1, 2, 3, and 4. Once there it should chime the rest just fine. Now it will chime that 1, 2, 3, and 4 sequence twice. Once on the 15 minutes and again at the 3/4 hour. So it may take a time or two to get it correct. A picture would help us to see what you have.
Bernie
Bernie Weishapl

Return to General Discussion Forum